Our program provides comprehensive care that utilizes many interventions based on individual patient needs. Special emphasis is placed on the promotion of wellness and on disease prevention.
We offer a wide range of services at Angels of Mercy, including:
- Adult & Geriatric Care
- Primary Care for Chronic Illnesses
- Blood Pressure Management
- Diabetes Management and Prevention Program
- Asthma Treatment
- COPD Treatment
- Physical Exams
- Breast Exams, Mammogram Referrals
- Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests
- Annual Influenza Inoculation
- Nutritional Assessment
- Visual Acuity Screening
- Psychological Screening
- Mental Health Counselling and Referrals
Therapeutic Lifestyle Change
The goal of the Therapeutic Lifestyle Change (TLC) Program is to change our patient’s behavior by increasing the patient’s self-efficacy and knowledge utilizing a multidisciplinary team. Improved behavior is expected to lead to better disease control which in turn leads to better patient outcomes and reduced utilization of health care services.
Angels of Mercy has adopted evidence based innovations in our health care delivery system that fosters trust and encourages both patients and team members to partner in the plan of care.
The TLC Program Team includes:
- Case management
- Diabetes Education
- Nutrition Counseling
- Physical Fitness Program
- Mental Health Counseling
- Smoking Cessation Program
Patient Assistance Program
Many pharmaceutical companies offer programs through which our patients who meet certain criteria can receive medications free of charge. Our Patient Assistance Program, led by our patient advocates, assists our patients with applying to receive free medication.
Patients need the following to apply:
- Be uninsured or lack prescription drug insurance (Medicare, Medicaid, etc.)
- A social security number
- Proof of income (tax returns, pay stubs, unemployment, spousal support, etc.)
It takes several weeks for medication to come through the drug programs. We ask that our patients call us (757-565-1700) several weeks prior to when they will be in need of a refill of medication.